In Indian Astrology the power of the Planet is calculated based on its position in 16 different divisions called Shodasha Varga. There are 4 groups of these Varga as follows:
Usually Dashavarga horoscopes are studied to predict the life of a person.
Shadvarga - 6 Divisions
Shadvarga consist of Kshetra, Hora, Dreshkan, Saptamansh, Navamansha & Dwadashansha.
1) Kshetra (300) - Indicates the actual position of the planet which is calculated from Ephemeris and the Longitude, Latitude of Birth Location. Kshetra Kundali is nothing but the Janma Lagna Kundali.
2) Hora (150)- (Finance) indicates the financial gains & financial position of a person. Every sign is divided in 2 parts of 150 each. First part (00 - 150) is called as Ravi (Sun) Hora & the 2nd part (150 - 300) is called as Chandra (Moon) Hora.
3) Dreshkan (100) (Brothers & Sisters) indicates relations with siblings (brothers/sisters)Every sign is split in 3 equal parts of 100 First Dreshkan (00 - 100) belongs to the same sign as Kshetra, 2nd Dreshkan (100 - 200) belongs to the 5th sign from the Kshetra & the 3rd Dreshkan (200 - 300) belongs to the 9th sign from the Kshetra.
4) Saptamansh 7 parts of (30/70) (Children) indicates the relations with the children.
5) Navamansh 9 parts of (30 20) (Married Life & Power of the Planets) indicates the overall married life & the strength of the Planets in the horoscope.
6) Dwadashansha - 12 parts of (20 30) (Parents) indicates the relations with the parents.
Saptavarga - (7 Divisions)
Saptavarga consist of Kshetra, Hora, Dreshkan, Saptamansh, Navamansh, Dwadashansha & Trishansha.
7) Trishansha 30 parts indicates Health, Diseases, Calamities, tragedies etc
Dashavarga - 10 Divisions
Dashavarga consist of Kshetra, Hora, Dreshkan, Saptamansh, Navamansh, Dwadashansha & Trishansha, Dashansha, Shodashansha & Shashthyansha.
8) Dashansha 10 parts of (30) each Major gains indicates big financial gains in life.
9) Shodashansha 16 parts General Pleasure & Sorrow in life, Vehicles a person can own or enjoy.
10) Shashthyansha 60 parts indicates general condition of the person.
Shodashavarga - 16 Divisions
Shodashavarga consist of Kshetra, Hora, Dreshkan, Saptamansh, Navamansh, Dwadashansh, Trishansh, Dashansha, Shodashansha, Shathyansha, Chaturthansha, Vishansha, Chaturvishansha, Bhansha, Khavedansha, Akshavedansha.
11) Chaturthansha 4 parts indicates bhagya (fate) of the person.
12) Vishansha 20 parts indicates the inclination of person towards God, Upasana, Adhyatma etc
13) Chaturvishansha 5 parts indicates the education of a person, art/skills of a person.
14) Bhansha Balabal indicates overall strength of horoscope.
15) Khavedansha indicates general good & bad things in life (Shubha Ashubha Ghatana)
16) Akshavedansha 45 parts indicates General Status & well being of the person.